Gain in-depth knowledge, expertise and experience of Network, Systems Auditing & Threat Hunting.
In-Depth Intrusion Detection
Earn yourself a certificate of achievement
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP
- Wireshark Overview
- Traffic Analysis with Wireshark
- Network Access/Link Layer
- The IP Layer
- Wireshark Filters
- tcpdump filters
- Microsoft protocols
- IDS evasions
- Architecture for network monitoring
- Running, installing, configuring, and customizing Snort
- Writing Snort rules
- Running, installing, configuring, and customizing Zeek
- Writing Zeek scripts and signatures, and raising Zeek notices
- Open-source IDS
- Snort IDS
- Zeek Framework
- Hands-on experience analyzing incident scenarios
- Data-driven analysis vs. alert-driven reactions
- Hypothesis and visualization for large-scale network analysis
- Using SiLK as open-source network flow records to expose network behavior anomalies
- Understanding and detecting covert channels
- Analyzing large pcap files
- Identifying C2 activities
- Practical analysis of TLS data
- Threat Hunters
- Incident Analysts
- Incident Handlers
- SOC Analysts
- Security Enthusiast
- Cyber Security Professionals
- Basic understanding of network protocols and devices
- Experience with Linux and Windows from the command line
- Configure and run open-source Snort and write Snort signatures
- Configure and run open-source Bro to provide a hybrid traffic analysis framework
- Understand TCP/IP component layers to identify normal and abnormal traffic
- Use open-source traffic analysis tools to identify signs of an intrusion
- Comprehend the need to employ network forensics to investigate traffic to identify a possible intrusion
- Use Wireshark to carve out suspicious file attachments
- Write tcpdump filters to selectively examine a particular traffic trait
- Craft packets with Scapy
- Use the open-source network flow tool SiLK to find network behavior anomalies
- Use your knowledge of network architecture and hardware to customize placement of IDS sensors and sniff traffic off the wire
- Access to hackers guru cloud based labs.
- Study Material & Course Slides.
- Course Completion Certificate.
- Job Assistance.
- Packet Analysis using Wireshark
- Writing tcpdump filters
- IDS/IPS evasion theory
- Snort rules writing
- Analysis of incident scenarios
- 6 Weeks
Batch Start Dates
Batch Start Dates
We follow a rolling admission process and admissions are closed once the requisite number of participants enroll for the upcoming batch. So, we encourage you to apply early and secure your seat.
I work as a web developer and was always attracted to cyber security. When hackers guru offered the cyber security certification, I decided to have it and get my career a future make over. The course is very crisp and in a short period of time they cover all the topics.
Web App Developer
My experience with this course is phenomenal, and all my expectation have been met. I liked the course very much, They have covered everything from the basics to the advanced. They have covered it all. I have no hesitation to give this course 4.5 starts out of 5.
Tap-tap, like, share, repeat
Join us on social media for latest news, career opportunities and offers.