Analysis with SIEM
Gain in-depth knowledge, expertise and experience of Network, Systems Auditing & Threat Hunting.
Tactical Security Analysis with SIEM
Earn yourself a certificate of achievement
- Introduction to SIEM
- SIEM Planning
- Log Collection
- Log Aggregation
- Log Parsing
- Log Broker
- Log Storage
- Alert & Analysis
- Major Networking Services
- Service Log Collection
- Log Enrichment
- Windows Logging
- Linux Logging
- Log Collection Strategies
- Important Events
- Host Based Firewalls
- Logon Protection
- OS Protection
- Active Device Discovery
- Passive Device Discovery
- Software Monitoring
- Traffic Monitoring
- User Behavior Analysis
- Tactical Analysis
- Centralized Alerting
- SIEM Alerting
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Analyzing Alerts
- External Analysis Tools
- Case Management
- Post Mortem Analysis
- Threat Hunters
- Incident Analysts
- Incident Handlers
- SOC Analysts
- Security Enthusiast
- Cyber Security Professionals
- Basic understanding of network protocols and devices
- Experience with Linux and Windows from the command line
- Basic knowledge about system logging
- Deploy the Securign VM in production environments
- Demonstrate ways most SIEMs commonly lag current open source solutions.
- Bring students up to speed on SIEM use, architecture, and best practices
- Know what type of data sources to collect logs from
- Deploy a scalable logs solution with multiple ways to retrieve logs
- Operationalize ordinary logs into tactical data
- Develop methods to handle billions of logs from many disparate data sources
- Understand best practice methods for collecting logs
- Dig into log manipulation techniques challenging many SIEM solutions
- Build out graphs and tables that can be used to detect adversary activities and abnormalities
- Combine data into active dashboards that make analyst review more tactical
- Utilize adversary techniques against them by using frequency analysis in large data sets
- Develop baselines of network activity based on users and devices
- Develop baselines of Windows systems with the ability to detect changes from the baseline
- Apply multiple forms of analysis such as long tail analysis to find abnormalities
- Correlate and combine multiple data sources to achieve more complete understanding
- Provide context to standard alerts to help understand and prioritize them
- Use log data to establish security control effectiveness
- Implement log alerts that create virtual tripwires for early breach detection
- Access to hackers guru cloud based labs.
- Study Material & Course Slides.
- Course Completion Certificate.
- Job Assistance.
- Log collection labs
- Log augmentation labs
- Log correlation labs
- Windows log analysis labs
- System and network baseline labs
- 6 Weeks
Batch Start Dates
Batch Start Dates
We follow a rolling admission process and admissions are closed once the requisite number of participants enroll for the upcoming batch. So, we encourage you to apply early and secure your seat.
I work as a web developer and was always attracted to cyber security. When hackers guru offered the cyber security certification, I decided to have it and get my career a future make over. The course is very crisp and in a short period of time they cover all the topics.
Web App Developer
My experience with this course is phenomenal, and all my expectation have been met. I liked the course very much, They have covered everything from the basics to the advanced. They have covered it all. I have no hesitation to give this course 4.5 starts out of 5.
Tap-tap, like, share, repeat
Join us on social media for latest news, career opportunities and offers.